Sunday, March 11, 2012

Auntie Elsa

Auntie Elsa was my grandmother's sister.  She married a Scot and had already left Russia by the time WWII began.  

Auntie Elsa came to visit us in about 1968.  These pictures were taken on Thanksgiving Day.

Here is Auntie Elsa with my mother, my brother, and me.   And in the picture below, she is with my father, brother, and me. 

For some reason, my mother always put a bow tie on my brother when he dressed up.  It was a clip on!   This is not a great picture of Papa, but his tie was quite fashionable for the day.  Note the pen in his pocket.  I don't think I ever saw him without at least one pen. 


 
Before dinner.  See how nice and neat my hair is.   (Those are not my cigarettes.  Wrong brand.)

 
After dinner.  Messy hair.  I think that's my brother's beer.  Anyway, he looks like he had a few! 

I have a digital camera.  I love taking pictures with it.  I take pictures all the time.  I probably have a few hundred shots of my dog.  But, I think about how few pictures I have of people and places from my past.   So, if you haven't taken enough pictures of your family and friends, I say, go ahead and take as many as you want.  You can never have enough pictures, but you can surely have too few.  

 


No comments:

Post a Comment