Monday, February 11, 2013

Ice Sculptures in Lewisburg, PA

The Lewisburg Ice Festival was a week ago.  Last year, I brought my camera downtown and took pictures of the ice sculptures.  I did not do so this year, but since I didn't post last year's pictures, I thought I'd share them with you.  Ice sculptors come to Hufnagle Park on Friday evening and create their frosty sensations!  Then, participating Lewisburg businesses host a sculpture in front of their shops. 


A few ice sculptures in Hufnagle Park invited audience participation, like this clown face.
 

And this throne:


Last year, the weather was pretty warm during the Festival.  This year has been much colder.  I have to go to downtown Lewisburg tomorrow, and I would not be a bit surprised if many of the sculptures are still intact!  If I remember, I'll bring my camera!

Scuba diver

Leaning Tower of Pisa

Mountains

Eiffel Tower

??? Sunshine and balloons?
 I'm not sure what the sculpture above is supposed to be, but I think it's interesting.  

Rock star

Awww, cute doggie!

Doggie, again

Old Western Guy

Detail

Sacred Heart

Not sure.  Crown?

Elephant

Statue of Liberty
Nutcracker

Stork

Dressed for snow!

Castle

Flower

Pagoda

Eagle

Topsy Turvy Cake

Ship

Drawbridge

Lighthouse

Scuba Diver
 I did end up bringing my camera yesterday to downtown Lewisburg, and lo and behold, many of the ice sculptures were still intact!  So, next, I will post the pictures of this year's Lewisburg Ice Festival ice sculptures! 

No comments:

Post a Comment